The Cudos Foundation Grant Program funds initiatives that power the development and growth of the Cudos ecosystem through our community of builders and creators.
We fund talented teams aligned with our vision of creating a sustainable future that’s borderless, scalable, and secure.
Our grant program has funding structured across three main categories, which provides support to entrepreneurs, developers, innovators, and community members.
In addition to funding, eventually, we’ll aim to offer mentorship to all of our grant recipients, in addition to mentorship, serving technical and educational resources, community development opportunities, and value-add connections to our network of ecosystem partners.
We offer grants to builders and creators of all types. Our main goal is the development and growth of the Cudos ecosystem through our community, all of you. We support developers, startups, and entrepreneurs that expand the Cudos blockchain and also those that spread the word about Cudos through events and education.
Community & Education
Key Areas of Interest
While we review all grant applications, we have a few key areas of interest:
We seek to fund the building of developer tools, open-source components, and other utilities that support the development of the Cudos blockchain.
We are interested in funding projects that foster a more robust and expansive Cudos blockchain while developing infrastructure that supports greater use of our layer 2 compute platform.
Examples of developer-centric grants we’re interested in funding include:
Startup grants will support high-caliber innovators building applications on our blockchain, which will create a network effect, drive user adoption, and promote scalability of the greater Cudos decentralised ecosystem.
We will consider all applications but are particularly interested in apps and use cases that support the following industries:
Community & Education Grants
Creating new opportunities to expand our global Cudos community and accelerate the adoption of the Cudos blockchain ecosystem is paramount to our long-term vision of addressing core issues of our society like accessibility, sustainability, and self-sovereignty.
We support research and education initiatives that advance the evolution of Web3, decentralised economies, and the Cudos blockchain.
Examples of education and community-centric grants we are interested in funding include:
- Academic Research
- Community Development Initiatives (events, regional meetups, competitions, online webinars, ambassador programs, hackathons, etc.)
- Documentation (developer and non-developer tutorials, guides, FAQs)
- Policy Advocacy
- Social Impact-driven Initiatives
Here are a few guiding principles to follow as you complete your grant application to ensure an efficient review process and improve the likelihood success:
In your responses, be sure to balance the necessary level of detail needed to answer a question with being concise and to-the-point. Be succinct and structured. Additional documentation will likely be requested during our in-depth review if you are accepted into our formal process.
We need a solid understanding of the support your project needs, including the resources you have to complete the project and ensure that both the grant and your project are successful. Please include a clear execution plan with deliverables and timelines.
We look for innovators creating applications, tools, or community-focused initiatives that will create a network effect and long-standing value to the Cudos ecosystem. The ability to deliver on key adoption metrics such as total value locked (TVL), network transactions growth, or user adoption will garner a more favourable review process and a higher chance of grant approval.
Process & Timeline
- The grant proposal is submitted with all required information provided.
- The Foundation receives the project application and performs internal vetting and review.
- After initial review: the grant applicant is accepted, declined, and/or contacted for clarifying questions or re-submission. If accepted, the project will move forward to the in-depth review stage.
Week 2 & 3
- Grant applicants that proceed to the in-depth review stage will have their grant proposal reviewed by select members of the Foundation team and our Grant Advisory Committee that consists of experts from the Cudos ecosystem in the fields of technical assessment, product, and business development.
- The Foundation will work with the grant applicant on suggested revisions to the grant’s scope as necessary.
- Upon completing our in-depth review process that includes a compliance review, our internal team will approve or reject the grant based on the proposal’s requirements, scope, fit, and overall value to the Cudos ecosystem.
- The Foundation’s Executive Council will make a final decision to accept or decline the grant proposal. On a case-by-case basis, a grant applicant may be asked to revise their application and re-submit at this stage for a final vote.
Grant Agreement Finalisation
Weeks 4 & 5
- Approved grant applicants review and sign necessary legal documents.
- The Foundation and approved applicants finalise and sign accompanying award documents that outline all specifics of their grant (e.g. timeline, milestones, communication and reporting cadence).
Initial Payment and Milestone Schedule
Week 6 and beyond
- The initial payment is made to the approved grant applicant.
- Follow-on payments are issued upon achieving specific milestones, with additional support provided by the Foundation per the executed award documentation.
- Following the completion of the grant schedule, the potential for a grant extension is assessed. The Cudos Foundation also explores further collaboration opportunities with grantees and may offer to select partnership and business development opportunities in the Cudos ecosystem that unlock greater synergies.
Depending on the volume of grant applications received and perceived value of any individual grant application, the anticipated timeline stated above may be subject to acceleration.
Apply for a Foundation Grant
The Cudos Foundation Grant Program funds initiatives that power the development and growth of the Cudos ecosystem through our community of builders, creators, and evangelists.